Web traffic is like a huge virtual pizza. It’s sticky, hot and sweet, and comes in many flavours. And of course, everyone wants some.
Image this pizza has 12 slices and there are 6 people to share it. Ideally, they could all get 2 pieces, right. However, in the real world someone would claim 6 pieces and that means some won’t get a share.
So, how do you stop that from happening with web traffic? It’s Simple. Stake a claim on your slice(s) of FREE web traffic. Don’t wait for someone to offer you a share.
There are lots of things you can do to make sure you get yours.
For instance, you can be first in the queue but that doesn’t help. You can be bigger than everyone else but that doesn’t help either. The only guaranteed way of getting your desired share, is to buy traffic, or work harder and smarter to grab it.
Where does traffic come from
In the real world, traffic is ubiquitous and we spend a great deal of time avoiding it.
In the virtual world, however, we do just the opposite. We love traffic. Traffic is basically engendered by online enquiries. These queries are posted by people searching the internet for solutions to problems or those looking for information on a plethora of subjects. The search engines gather the best solutions and direct the searchers/traffic to the most appropriate websites.
If you have a website, you already provide a service, information or products to the millions of people who are part of the traffic funnel which the search engines manage everyday.
Quite often, when surfers find what they are looking for, they will buy products or services online to alleviate or resolve their problems. That’s why we adore traffic.
Ways to get traffic
Some popular traffic tips
- SEO … Optimize your website or get an SEO professional to do it. Search Engine optimization is about organising your sites optimally so that search engines can index your web pages and deliver your content to the web.
- Buying traffic … If your budget permits, this is quite an effective way to get targeted traffic. You can buy traffic from Google, Yahoo or Bing et al.
- Content … Regularly write good content and update your site frequently with events, stories, reviews, news, etc.. – and draw a crowd.
- Comment … Add pithy and useful comments to blogs to get backlinks to your site.
- Sell products … Write reviews and Sell in demand products or develop your own product.
- Links … Add your site url to the Yahoo directory, DMOZ and other Free web directories.
- Bookmarks … Bookmark your site on Social Bookmarking sites and encourage others to do so as well. Co-opt Facebook and Twitter to help you.
- Search engines … Search on Google, Yahoo and Bing for “ways to get free traffic”.
Join forums and contribute to the discussions.
When you search for “ways to get traffic”, the results list 9.7 million pages (read them all and get tons of ideas.
Now all you need to do is monetize and sit back.
Editor and writer for Leedsway.
This post was written after requests from commenters.
Events, Lifestyle© Leedsway